Friday, January 16, 2009

take a good look!



take a good look at those beautiful blonde curls... because they won't be that way for much longer. *sigh* the time has come to finally cut isa's hair. i know, i know. but anyone who has tried to comb that mop recently can tell you that it's beyond high maintenance. isa is actually pretty patient for a two year old with a head full of tangles (er, dreadlocks?) but even so, it's a fulltime job to deal with her hair being so long. and truth be told, these pictures don't tell the whole story... as her hair is hardly ever so well-kept! after a midday bath and about 45 minutes of detangling, i finally broke down and made the hair appointment. *sniff sniff* but don't worry, it's just getting a well needed trim, that will hopefully aid in the daily taming! that is, if i don't get cold feet in the meantime!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Awww that is a shame! Amanda's hair was like that too. So fine and untameable. I had it cut in a little jawline "bubble" and it was amazing how much easier it was to manage. Then, of course, it got longer... but she got older too. It became a little courser after about 3yrs or 4 yrs old and was much easier. Good luck... and save that first hair clip! Can't believe how much more lighter it has become ! It has to be done sometime... make it memorable!
    xoxoxoxo love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. aahhhh--you're killin' me lady! oy! For Rubes to have half of that! But--hey--I get it.....my niece is the same way. She;s about to turn four and has never had a haircut and has hair almost exactly like the little Miss there.....but hers is down to her bottom.

    Rubes? Ya--well, she's rockin' a sweet mullet these days....I am just willing the front to grow at this point.

    Good Luck!
    xo~E =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isa you will be beautiful either way. I did notice last night on the webcam how long your hair has gotten. I remember some pictures of your mommy with short hair - mighty sweet. Can wait to see the new look! We love and miss you. Bubba and Queen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my daughter was 4 when I finally cut her hair! Oh, the pain of that first cut! We just got a couple inches taken off, they were totally dead and snarled looking. Later, though, she insisted on having it chin length, which though it killed me a second time, did look really cute! Good luck with that first snip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please say it isn't so!!!!!! I know how hard it was to comb the tangles out from when I was out there BUT... Just kidding, a LITTLE trim will be good for it and it was always grow back. I love you all and miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. noooooo! It's too cute!!!
    I know, I'll be singing a different tune when Maia's hair gets long ;-)

    ReplyDelete