Sunday, June 22, 2008

new york, new york

guess who's going on a vacation? alone. that would be me! the mommy! the one who has not had a day away in, oh two years now! fabulous phil and our good friend andrea, who now lives in manhattan, have been scheming to get me to new york for a while now. and until recently, it just never came together. until they let me in on their proposed plan, that is! and now it's official. the mommy will be flying from denver, to spend a glorious long weekend (five days including travel, what will i do with myself?!) in new york city. ahhh, what to do with all that free time? rest assured i have a few things on my list.
the timing worked out impeccably, as we will already be in colorado and phil can visit with friends and family while i'm away. so isa will be readily entertained, phil will have extra help, and we don't have to schlep down to the denver airport just for me! then they'll pick me up on the way out of town and we'll be headed back home. utterly fantastic, i tell you. fantastic!

3 comments:

  1. Have a great time Blair, you do deserve it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU GOOOO GIRL!!!!! Can't think of anyone more deserving. Great "alone" time before the new one comes along and makes it even harder to do. Wish I could make it over there from Martha's Vineyard for the day. Will have to work on that one. CONGRATS and a HUGE thank you to Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so close yet, still so far away....**sniff, sniff* ;-)

    Have fun lady!! You DESERVE it! =)

    ReplyDelete